Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Lamp-Tastic!


There was just something I wasn't loving about these lamps(I have two).  I didn't like the color very well, especially since I'm trying to lighten up my living room.  I found some fabric at Jo-Ann Fabrics that I fell in love with, best part it was on sale for 40% off!  I also grabbed some fringe with my 40% off coupon, double score!  I removed the lamp shades, laid my fabric on the floor and traced around the shade, moving it as I went to trace its outline perfectly.  I cut the pattern out and hot glued on the shade.  I cut slits on the bottom and top portions of the fabric to avoid bunching as I glued the fabric around the shade.  I then measured and cut the fringe and glued it along the bottom part of the shade.  I used a shade of light yellow Valspar gloss spray paint for the middle portion of my lamp.  I used Rust-Oleum Hammered spray paint in silver for the top and bottom portion of my lamp.  I love, love, love, this spray paint, it gives everything a unique hammered finish which is super cool!  It is also great for hiding imperfections due to the hammered texture.  I love my new lamps!  Best part is I spent less than $20 with extra fabric and spray paint left over for future projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments:)