Friday, July 22, 2011

Enchanted Dresser


This project has been a making in the works for quite some time.  My husband and I bought a palm sander back in the spring with intentions to use it that day...I just got around to using the sander in July.  My husband has used it for a few projects here and there but me not so much.  I've had a major closet issue (look for a post in the future) for some time now.  My clothes were literally popping out of the shelves, I needed more room.  We had one chest of drawers in our room already but it was full of my husbands clothes.  I decided to put the extra chest to work.

We pulled it out of the laundry room where it held out of season clothes and I begin the painstaking task of sanding.

This process took a very long time.  Mainly because there were pieces of laminate here and there, I actually just sanded over the laminate like I did the wood.  It also took me a while to sand because I could only do it when my husband was home so he could watch the little guy.  After I had everything sanded down I wiped the dresser down for a clean slate to paint on.  I used Behr paint I found in the oops section of Home Depot for five bucks!  I used two coats of paint and the dresser was good to go!  I used a small roller to apply the paint, to get in the crevices I used a painting sponge.  Next I needed to deal with the hardware.


The original hardware was hideous, I didn't want to spend money for new handles so I used spray paint.  I used Rust-Oleum Hammered which gives a hammered finish.  I love this stuff!  It has such a beautiful finish and covers imperfections 100%


I attached the hardware back onto the dresser with a little help from my trusty sidekick!  Heaved the dresser into my bedroom and perfecto!  I love the results!  It is so beautiful, the hammered spray paint done wonders for the hardware, it makes the piece unique, which I love, love, love!  


                                            
                             I've linked up at
             
                                                        
                                                   
                                                       
                                               
                                               

1 comment:

I love to read your comments:)