This project has been a making in the works for quite some time. My husband and I bought a palm sander back in the spring with intentions to use it that day...I just got around to using the sander in July. My husband has used it for a few projects here and there but me not so much. I've had a major closet issue (look for a post in the future) for some time now. My clothes were literally popping out of the shelves, I needed more room. We had one chest of drawers in our room already but it was full of my husbands clothes. I decided to put the extra chest to work.
We pulled it out of the laundry room where it held out of season clothes and I begin the painstaking task of sanding.
This process took a very long time. Mainly because there were pieces of laminate here and there, I actually just sanded over the laminate like I did the wood. It also took me a while to sand because I could only do it when my husband was home so he could watch the little guy. After I had everything sanded down I wiped the dresser down for a clean slate to paint on. I used Behr paint I found in the oops section of Home Depot for five bucks! I used two coats of paint and the dresser was good to go! I used a small roller to apply the paint, to get in the crevices I used a painting sponge. Next I needed to deal with the hardware.
The original hardware was hideous, I didn't want to spend money for new handles so I used spray paint. I used Rust-Oleum Hammered which gives a hammered finish. I love this stuff! It has such a beautiful finish and covers imperfections 100%
I attached the hardware back onto the dresser with a little help from my trusty sidekick! Heaved the dresser into my bedroom and perfecto! I love the results! It is so beautiful, the hammered spray paint done wonders for the hardware, it makes the piece unique, which I love, love, love!