Thursday, July 14, 2011
My parents had this old piano bench left over from the old piano they no longer had....long story short, I now have the bench. It was very ugly to begin with. The top was black vinyl with paint drops splattered here and there. The wood was a darker stain and just not my style. The bench was too tall so with the help of my husband we cut the legs down by six inches. We removed the seat in order to recover it with nice fabric. I already had some clearance fabric I picked up at Jo-Ann Fabrics. I spread my fabric out and cut around the seat of the bench. Then simply wrapped the seat like I would wrap a present with wrapping paper. I pulled tight after each fold and put the stable gun to the test. I painted the bench with black Behr paint I found in the "oops paint" section at Home Depot for $5.00! After the paint dried we attached the seat back to its base and we had ourselves a brand new bench! Perfect for the corner behind our front door to place shoes under and purses and diaper bags on top!
Posted by Red Brick Shanty at 12:12 PM